Entomology - Teaming with Insects Level 3
Level 3 delves even deeper into the basic concepts and encourages youth to take control of their learning by doing their own research using the scientific method and reference materials.
Level 3 Chapters:
1. Be an Entomologist – youth explore entomology careers, insects as symbols, and the scientific method
2. Biodiversity – youth study insect diversity in outdoor settings, make a dichotomous key, and study insect behavior
3. Invasive Species – youth compare native and non-native insect species and learn about using insects for a biological control of an invasive plant species
4. Integrated Pest Management (IPM) – youth explore human factors in IPM and the importance of education in IPM
5. Forensic Entomology – youth conduce forensic entomology experiments
Level 3 Learning Goals:
1. Conduct research and use resources beyond the manual for in-depth study of entomology.
2. Use the scientific method and keep accurate records.
3.Expand understanding of and appreciation for entomology.
4. Educate others about entomology
You might also be interested in...