Entomology - Teaming with Insects Level 2
Level 2 shows how to make insect collection tools, and expands on the basic concepts of biodiversity, invasive species, integrated pest management, and forensic entomology.
Level 2 Chapters:
1. Be an Entomologist – youth make and use their own insect collection tools
2. Biodiversity – youth collect insects in different habitats and observe diversity in form and function
3. Invasive Species – youth conduct research to learn about invasive species (origin, damage, control)
4. Integrated Pest Management – youth explore conditions that can provide insect habitat and collect insect pests
5. Forensic Entomology – youth study insect tracks and exoskeletons and make a journal for keeping data
Level 2 Learning Goals:
1. Learn how to make insect collection tools.
2. Learn more about insects and insect diversity.
3. Develop a deeper understanding of and an appreciation for entomology.
Sign up for our newsletter and be the first receive 4-H Curriculum updates and sales!
You might also be interested in...